In its operation, Workana implements the guidelines, standards, controls and actions established by the data protection legislation where it operates, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR of the European Union and the General Data Protection Law - LGPD of Brazil. This privacy and data protection policy will explain how our organization uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our platform and applications.
1. What data do we collect?
We collect information whenever you register on our site, make a payment, fill out a form or browse the site.
Workana collects the following data:
1.1. Data you provide us:
- Contact and registration information: name, email address, mailing address, phone number, account username, password;
- Identification and demographic data: CPF, ID, nationality, date of birth, data needed to process payments and withdrawals, and only for that purpose
- Transactional information: credit card information, bank account data, other payment information (eg Mercado Pago, Paypal, Payoneer), payment history and withdrawal history;
- User-generated content: photos, videos, audios and other information you may provide us through the use of the Workana platform;
- Survey and feedback: Comments provided by you, as a user of the platform, through online forms, email and/or surveys;
1.2. Data we automatically collect from you and/or your device:
- Your device information and identifiers: IP address, browser type and language, operating system, platform type, device type, and ad and application identifiers.
- Connection and Use: domain names, browsing history, advertisements viewed, forms or form fields you complete in whole or in part, logs and other similar information..
- Geolocation: City, State, Country, associated with your IP address or derived from your wi-fi triangulation. We ask for your permission before using your precise location based on your device's GPS functionality.
1.3. Information We Collect From Third Parties
- Information from public and commercial sources: contact and demographic information, information about individuals using the same device.
- Social media information: When you interact with us through a social media service or log in with your social media credentials, we may have access to your social media information, such as your name and email address;
1.4. Additional Information We Collect For Commercial Purposes Only
- Business contact information: company name, your name, email address, position held;
- Due Diligence Information: ID, sometimes social network, contact information, nationality, position held, age, gender, date of birth, country of residence.
2. How do we collect your data?
You provide Workana with most of the data we collect directly. We collect and process data when you:
- Register on our platform, make payments and / or use one of our services;
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide information and feedback via email;
- Use or view our platform through your browser's cookies;
Workana may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Companies that provide analytics services;
- Companies that provide marketing services;
- Public databases;
- social media networks;
3. How do we use your data?
Any of the information we collect from you can be used in one of the following ways:
- To customize your experience
(your information helps us better respond to your individual needs);
- To improve our website: We continue to strive to improve the offerings on our website, based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- To improve our customer service: your information helps us to respond more effectively to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering purchased product or requested service;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for payment processing may be used to send you information or updates regarding your requests and to occasionally receive institutional news, updates, and product-related information or service purchased, etc.
Note: If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the end of each email.
4. How do we store your data?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you submit a payment, log in, send or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All confidential/credit information provided is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our database for access only by authorized persons with special access rights to our systems, for whom is mandatory the confidentiality of the information.
We want to send you information about our services that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you can always opt to not participate at a later date.
You have the right at any time to prevent Workana from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please change your email notification settings in your platform account, see how-to guidelines here.
6. What are your data protection rights?
Workana would like to make sure that you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Each user is entitled to the following:
- Right of access: You have the right to ask Workana for copies of your personal data. We may charge a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectify: You have the right to ask Workana to correct any information you believe is incorrect. You also have the right to ask Workana to fill in information that you believe is incomplete.
- The right to delete: You have the right to request Workana to delete your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request Workana to restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by Workana under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that Workana transfer the data we collect to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right not to be subjected to automated decisions: the data subject has the right to request review of decisions made solely on the basis of automated processing of personal data that affect his or her interests, including decisions designed to define his or her personal, professional, consumer, and credit profile or aspects of his or her personality.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
7. What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive via your web browser (if you allow it). These files allow the websites or systems of service providers to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
9. What types of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies, however our website uses:
10. How to manage your cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the website above tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in some cases, some of the features on our website may not work as a result.
11. Privacy Policies of Other Sites
From time to time, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability with respect to the content and activities of these linked sites. However, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback on these websites.
If we decide to modify our privacy policies, we will post the changes made on this page and/or update the Privacy and Data Protection Policy modification date.
The last modifications to these policies were made on September 22, 2021;
13. How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding our privacy and data protection policy, the data we keep about you, or if you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) by sending an email to: email@example.com.