When a project does not end with the release of 100% of the client's funds to the professional, both the client and the professional can get a breach in their profile for not having satisfactorily completed the project.
In projects that are solved by arbitration, in which Workana acts as mediator, Workana may, when deciding on the release of the funds, determine a breach in the profile of either parties if it considers that part of the initial agreement between the client and the professional has not been complied with.
In cases where the project is cancelled with an agreement between the client and the professional by means of self-mediation, Workana may also determine a breach in either party's profile if it considers that either party has not complied with the agreement.
For this reason, and to avoid possible breaches in the profile, it is essential that the communication during a project is kept or updated through the platform, and that the scope of the project and the deadlines are agreed upon before the deposit in guarantee is made.
Possible reasons for non-compliance:
A breach may be determined when:
- The professional doesn't meet the delivery deadline.
- Some of the parties do not respond in a timely manner to the other party.
- One of the parties unilaterally cancels a project for no reason.
- The project is not comply according with initial agreement
- Partial or full advance payment is requested
- There’s a failure to comply any of Workana's policies (see Workana Policies)
How does a breach affect my profile?
The penalty for breach is calculated based on the percentage of breaches that a professional has regarding completed projects:
- If you have more than 50% of breaches on completed projects, the account will be closed
- If you have between 20% and 50% of breaches on finished projects, your profile level will be bronze for 90 days
- If you have between 5% and 20% of breaches on finished projects, your profile will go down two levels for 60 days
- If you have less than 5% of breaches on finished projects, your profile will go down one level for 30 days.
These penalties are taken at the time of receiving a new breach.
The minimum level you can go down for noncompliance is "bronze."